International Women’s Day is today, March 8, 2018.
At JadeCrate, we celebrate International Women’s Day because we are a women-owned business. We also support and contribute back through our alliances and support of international female artisans world-wide via Fair Trade goods. Your subscription through JadeCrate also contributes so together we can do great things for women all over the world including but not limited to:
- Community improvement, including technology
- Safe work environments
- Access to and the cash needed for health coverage and medical treatment
- Feeding families
- Supporting the environment (our artisans use eco-friendly, renewable products including recycled materials)
- Giving women the support they need to make equitable incomes and create a sustainable and healthy living
- EMPOWERING WOMEN WORLDWIDE – This is part of the JadeCrate positive vibes we support and as a subscriber, you do too.
We work with countless artisans via Fair Trade alliances across the globe including a few of these areas to start:
- China (yes areas of China are included)
- and the list goes on…
When we purchase fair trade goods, all of our fair trade vendors and suppliers are CERTIFIED Fair Trade Companies, which means we know funding goes back to the artists. The best part, they are passionate about sharing the stories of our female artisans and we are just as excited to share those stories with our subscribers. Being in the know is the best way to go. Education is a key component of the JadeCrate brand, so with each box, you receive the bohemian lifestyle and a compassionate story about our featured suppliers. We value compassion as this is a bohemian trait the world appreciates.