Summer’s End Near – Fall is Right Around the Corner – Here is how to enjoy the change!
Yes, that’s right, the time of sand beneath your toes, outdoor camping (unless you like camping in snow), and playing and planting in the garden, are nearing an end depending on what part of the country you live in. With fall approaching, it is an ideal opportunity to clean house, clean out the garage, gather your donations of whatnots for charity and donate them, organize garden tools, dust those bookshelves, download some fall reading on your Kindle, before you are in winter lockdown, mucklucks, mittens, and mistletoe.
Some folks actually rank Autumn as one of the best seasons, so here are some positive vibes to keep your boho attitude upbeat for the new season:
- Yummy Comfort Foods and Fashion – There is nothing like a great bowl of homemade soup, hot cider, while nestled in your spanking new mittens, faux fur trimmed boots, and snazzy new scarf. Great fall recipes found at AllRecipes (we love this site – if you don’t know how to cook, autumn is the perfect time to get out the apron and try.)
- Go crazy on Halloween, in fact, you can probably dress in your most beloved boho outfit and fit right in and not have to wipe off an ounce of greasy green makeup (or at least I can pull it off party due to occasional blue hair I have from time-to-time). At a minimum, you could do your best Janice impression using your existing wardrobe.
- Binge moving watching because let’s face it, it’s too darn cold to go lollygagging outside.
- If you have to rake leaves, just enjoy them. They are beautiful when they turn, fun to jump into (so long as you are not the one bagging them), and the air is crisp, so crisp you can smell the apple pie in your imagination.
- The sunscreen returns to its home in the back of the medicine cabinet, however, we usually toss ours each year to ensure the best quality, but hey, that’s Florida living, and ours never sits in the cabinet, but we do rotate new ones in, quickly.
- Pumpkin or Gourd Carving (buy a kit unless you are professional, looks much better) – save the inside for Pumpkin Gingerbread
- Lot’s of parties and get together’s, starting with Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving – it’s a time for warmth and good cheer with family and friends.
Have some other great ideas to keep fall fun and fresh? Leave a comment and I’ll update the content and credit you back. Follow me at bohosubscriptionbox.com
Looking for some boho spice of life via a monthly surprize subscription box? Check out www.jadecrate.com – it’s pretty awesome and first-time subscribers receive $5.00 off their first order.